Welcome to the training guide where you can learn the steps needed to build and grow a business that can be run from anywhere.
This is part of a live series we do in Newcastle once a month.
You can learn about it here.
The following 8 sections are everything you need to know to be successful.
It’s a lot to cover and very extensive. However, it is built in such a way that you can start the course at any level.
Send me an email or use the contact form and tell us where you want to start.
Section 1: Introduction to online business and marketing
Welcome to online business – I hope you enjoy the journey
If you know nothing about online stuff, then this is for you. We explain the basics. If you understand what a website is, and you can see how it makes money, then you can skip this section.
- Is Google the Internet? What’s the difference?
- What are websites used for? w/ examples
- How do websites get traffic?
- What is SEO & why it’s important?
- Social Media and if you should use it?
- How websites make money online? w/ examples
- Thinking of websites like virtual real estate
- Claiming your own stake in the virtual world
Section 2: Choosing the business model for the best chance of success
What can you do that will add value to the world?
Got no idea what to do? This section will help you choose a business model best suited to you. Oh! You have an idea! Check if it has a good chance of success. We show you where to start ready for the next phase.
- Understanding the Mind-Set shift required
- Identify the possible problems you will face
- Consistency and the compound effect
- Motivation – how to not give up too early
- How to identify good businesses to get involved with
- Create your own list of possible business models
- How to research and choose the final model
- Q and A for your own personal case
Section 3: Create your brand identity and vision for growth
Build a brand and create a dream for others to share
OK! So you now have the idea. The ‘thing’ you’re going to do. Now what? This section is devoted to preparation. Some call it a business plan, but it’s more than that. It’s a strategy and a roadmap.
- In-depth keyword research
- Explore the vertical, the angle
- Reason for being. The need it fills, the problems it solves. The why?
- How will your site stand out?
- Setting up smart goals for growth
- Define the brand – choose the name and voice
- Work out a monetisation strategy: short and long term
- Q and A your own personal site
Section 4: How to build and launch your own website and social accounts
Create your own universe and share it with the world
If you know how to build a website and set up social accounts, then you can skip this. Otherwise I will show you how to build a website from scratch with free tools (excludes hosting).
- Getting a CPanel hosting account
- Walk through of the features of CPanel
- Installing a website framework (WordPress)
- Settings and configurations
- SSL and website security
- Content basics and social media
- How to get the most out of WordPress
- Setting up e-commerce (optional)
- WordPress Visual – appearance, menus, widgets
This is the end of the beginner course. The following is used to grow your business to the moon. The sky is the limit here.
The next 3 sections are what is referred to as the cogs in your perpetual growth engine. You need your engine running and all three cogs spinning to get the results you need to quit your job.
Each section I will teach you one revolution of the cog. As you will see, it’s a process that needs to be repeated over and over.
If you already have a business up and running and you would like to start here. I might recommend starting at S03 where we really get a lot of data on your nook, you will need this data to make the following work. Then you can skip S04 and continue from S05.
Section 5: Advanced Social Media Training for Business
Find the highest mountain and shout it to the world
We dig deep into social media and unveil the power of social to kick start the early growth of your venture. Then we show you how to boost it once you’re established.
- Why focus on social media
- About the major social networks (user types, reach)
- Other networks? Pinterest? Snapchat? Voice?
- Defining your objectives, target market and your brand voice
- Structure and optimise – profiles, pages, groups, likes, followers
- Social Media Success = social media content creation
- Scheduling tools, posting on a regular basis
- Managing comments and DM
- Analyse, report & improve
Section 6: Content Creation Mega Class – Everything for Good Content
Explain your vision to the world and ask for their support
You need content if people are going to visit your site and stay for more than a few seconds. Valuable content that fills the needs of a searcher. Search engines need content. If you want to be found online you need it to.
- What is good content
- Different types of content
- Different uses for different types
- Keyword and competitor research
- How to produce good content?
- Organising the content production cycle
- Organising the delivery of content across channels
- Content refreshing and recycling
Section 7: Getting Noticed – The Online Marketing 101-103 and Beyond
Put yourself out there and reach out to special individuals
“Knocking on doors and taking down names”, my old boss use to say. In the days, before the internet, this is how business was done. Thank god things have changed and you can now do it from your lounge room.
In this section we’ll show you how to get traffic to your website and the best strategy for building a perpetual growth engine.
- Understanding of marketing and visibility
- Getting noticed – outreach and giving value
- Develop your brand with social media
- PR and relationship building
- Linking and influencer marketing
- Press Releases & HARO
- Linkable content and online assets
- Putting it all together in a symphony
Section 8: Scaling Up
Leverage: Getting more results with less effort
This is the final piece. You should not do this to early. Everything you need to be successful is explained above. It’s not part of the course, but you can get access if you earn it.
Exclusive to students with a growth engine in place